Nothing I can do will change our situation. That is really hard for me. I am a worker- I always think if I work hard enough, pray hard enough, believe enough...that it will happen. In this case, I have to be done. I have to surrender control to God- ALL OF IT. Not surrender it to Him, but still worry. Not surrender to Him but still work like crazy to make it happen. Not surrender it to Him while secretly holding back some of the control for myself. When I do that, that's when I find despair and worry. And I don't want or need that.
So from now on, everytime I think about our circumstances, I am literally pausing to say out loud..."I have no control over this. God, you have control, do what You will." I hope this will help me to not feel so consumed by our circumstances. He may heal me, He may not. But He is in charge and there is nothing I can do. If we don't get pregnant this month...or the next...or ever...there is nothing more I can do. He is in charge. He can do a miracle and bring us this baby, or He may not. It is not in my control. I cannot do anything to change it. I can pray and ask Him, but at the end of the day, He will do His Will and that is that. Although for a control freak like me this is a big adjustment, I really think it is going to be freeing after a while. Because when I really think about it, why would I not be at peace with God in charge? He is so much more able and wise and perfect than me. I pray that I can just rest in Him.
So from now on, everytime I think about our circumstances, I am literally pausing to say out loud..."I have no control over this. God, you have control, do what You will." I hope this will help me to not feel so consumed by our circumstances. He may heal me, He may not. But He is in charge and there is nothing I can do. If we don't get pregnant this month...or the next...or ever...there is nothing more I can do. He is in charge. He can do a miracle and bring us this baby, or He may not. It is not in my control. I cannot do anything to change it. I can pray and ask Him, but at the end of the day, He will do His Will and that is that. Although for a control freak like me this is a big adjustment, I really think it is going to be freeing after a while. Because when I really think about it, why would I not be at peace with God in charge? He is so much more able and wise and perfect than me. I pray that I can just rest in Him.
Happy moments, PRAISE GOD.
Difficult moments, SEEK GOD.
Quiet moments, WORSHIP GOD.
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.





Wishing you all the best and praying for your miracle!
ReplyDeleteWe are heading to Gulf Shores in the morning.
ReplyDeleteLove your new blog design!
Amber... Thank you for the sweet comment and your prayers!
ReplyDeletewhitney,
ReplyDeletei came home from the park and checked it out like i said i would first of all, i'm so inspired #1 by your faith, your testimony is wonderful just from your blog yesterday!! and #2 with your blog skills. you are a great writer!!! if i get one, you'll have to help me with mine and get it up to date!! jack and i prayed for you tonight. he wondered what we were talking about and i told him you wanted a "baby in your belly" and i told him we would pray when we got home and he reminded me during prayers. i'll be "stalking" your blog to see how things go. sara
I believe God gives us the desires of our heart. He has obviously given you a desire, now we'll pray He gives you a baby in His perfect timing. Sending up prayers for you...Katy
ReplyDeleteThank you Sara and Katy! Your sweet prayers are appreciated... words can't express how thankful we are to have your thoughts and prayers during this trying time.
ReplyDeleteYeah! I will be with you every step of the way! Praying for you daily!
ReplyDeleteBy the way...I love the new look!
ReplyDelete