Monday, November 16, 2009

Trusting & Believing

We know there are many of you out there praying for us and wondering how things are going.
We just want to say:
"THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU for TRULY caring!"
There is not a day that goes by that someone doesn't call, text, email or stop me and ask how things are going or to tell me that they are thinking or praying for us.

So here's last cycles details:
I took 2 pills of Femara CD 3-7. CD 8 went in for an ultrasound and had 5, yes you read that right 5 eggs!! They ranged from 14mm-10mm. He had me do 2 Bravelle injections to help them mature CD 8 & 9. I went back in on CD 10 for a check.
They had grown with only 1 not being a mature size.
So I responded REALLY well to the medicine!
Now your thinking oh that's wonderful. Well... Yes and No.

Dr. Miller gave us 2 options:
1.) We either had to reduce 2 of the smallest eggs due to health risks because this chick can't carry 5 babies! Although I would love to think I could, with my size it is TOTALLY out of the question.
Followed by artificial insemination
OR
2.) Cancel the cycle because he didn't want to risk it.

After much discussion, option 1 was it. Now the egg reduction is like an egg retrieval. We were not really for this procedure but after our discussion, we decided that would allow us to continue with this cycle since we had a already paid for and taken the medicines to get this far.

So on CD 12 we went in and had an egg retrieval followed by artificial insemination. Everything went well with the procedures and the rest of the day was spent on the couch resting. Mike was on full maid service! HA

The two week wait was the HARDEST! One minute you think you are and your hopeful and the next minute your not!
You can thank the HCG trigger shot and hormones for that!

This past Friday we found out that the cycle failed. Our hopes were SO high with this one because I had responded so well and everything was looking positive.
BUT
God has a bigger and better plan for us!

So here we are....
Our doctors appt. today got our plans and meds. going for this coming cycle.
I will still do the Famara pills but the the dose of Bravelle injections will be halfed in hopes of no more than 3 eggs maturing!

Please say a BIG prayer that this cycle works and that this is His perfect timing!
I MUST trust Him completely with every part of me—even the parts that He has yet to create.

6 comments:

  1. Whitney, it is great that the medicine is working. I know this next cycle is going to be better. It sounds like the doctor has a better grasp of what to do for you. I am sure every woman is different. I am still praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all I want to tell you that my heart goes out to you and your husband and I will be sure to keep you in my prayers. I did have a question. I should be starting Bravelle shots next week and was wondering are they as painful as people say they are? I know this all depends on the pain tolerance but just wanted to get an idea. I am currently on Lovenox and Lupron. The Lovenox burns but the Lupron doesn't hurt at all so I wanted to get an idea as to what they are like. Thanks.
    Jessica
    jessica.hogan28@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will happen for you Whitney, I have all the trust and faith in God. This cycle may not have worked, but it WILL. Hang in there, I am praying for you!!!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whitney - I wanted to tell you that I am praying for you and your husband! God has a bigger plan and he will guide you both to a happy a healthy baby! ZLAM!! Sara (Perryman) Floyd

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep believing and trusting. I know God will bless you with a child in His perfect timing. Praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I kept reading with anticipation just KNOWING that you were going to deliver the much anticipated news... I have tears but I know that God's plan for us is not always evident. Just imagine how much sweeter that little warm body will be when you get to hold him/her for the first time. OMGosh I am crying again... still praying fervently from KY!!!!

    ReplyDelete