Monday, August 10, 2009

The Good...The Bad...and The Ugly

Mike and I are in need of your thoughts and prayers, please!
Our hearts are hurting more than ever right now.

A week ago Friday our doctor had us take a home pregnancy test. We did and I shared with you all that the test was negative. I stopped the Prometrium as directed and waited to start. The following Thursday I had not started and called the doctor. They had us come in for a blood test to see what was going on. That afternoon we received the most exciting news....
we were pregnant!
My HCG level was 337 and she said it should be around 50.
Our prayers were finally answered.
She scheduled us to come in this morning for another HCG test just to make sure that my levels were rising and for an ultrasound. The ultrasound showed nothing going on in my ovaries and my uterus had a very small black shadow, which he said could be the sack.
The nurse called around 1:30 with the lab results.
Keep in mind that I started professional development today.
So I jumped up from my seat and ran to my room to answer the call. She said with a not so happy voice that my HCG level had dropped to 44 and it should have been around 1200.
I LOST IT! We had a chemical pregnancy.
I immediately called Mike with the news. He came to the school and got me because I just couldn't face going back into a room full of teachers with the news I just received. A good teacher friend of mine came in to check on me while I waited on Mike and we just sat and cried. I had her share the news with everyone after Mike and I left. The teachers ended up having a prayer for us. I work with an AMAZING group of teachers.
I so badly wish I was sharing better news right now.

On the positive side of things... at least we know that we CAN get pregnant! It is just SO upsetting and disappointing how this happened. I am trying SO hard to be positive about things. Quiet frankly I am an emotional mess right now. I have cried so much and then when I think I am done it starts all over again. I wasn't going to blog until later but I think it's best just to announce it now and get it out of the way.

God is still oh so good.

10 comments:

  1. I can't imagine the pain you feel at this moment. To say "it's not fair" is an understatement. Your strong faith will get you through this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whitney-
    I can't ever write into words what I want to say to you..."I know how you feel," just doesn't fit here. All I can offer to you is lots of prayers, lots of encouragement, and of course, a friend. If you want to go do something sometime, call me/message me, anytime. Just taking your mind away for a minute can be a blessing.

    You will get through this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry. I will be keeping you in my prayers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry....Have just started reading your blog the last few weeks, but now have it on my sidebar as a reminder to pray.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry! I am praying for you. I know this hurts so much. If you need to talk, please call.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mike's Dad (Your Father-In-Law)August 10, 2009 at 8:37 PM

    Whit,
    Teresa and I love you. Don't let this setback cause you two to become more discouraged. Your elevated hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) level was a very strong sign you're on the right track. I cannot express in words how proud we are of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love you girl! I hate it that we both just went through chemical pregnancies- however we have each other and that is a blessing! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm SO very sorry. My husband and I went through something VERY similar in March and just as you said-the good news is you can get pregnant! Praise God! He is SO good and has the most amazing plan for you. I cried for several days and got right back on that horse and started trying again. And since that happened, my faith that I will have a baby has never been so strong. I'm praying for you and the healing process for both your heart and your body and can't wait to hear the good news when it happens again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am hearbroken for you, Whitney! Please know you have people praying for you and Mike all over the place. Cry all you need to, but remember that God's plan is bigger and better than we can ever imagine. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whitney,
    I am so, so sorry for your loss. Having just gone through this with Sarah, I know how difficult it is. My heart aches with you. We will continue to trust a God who is much bigger than anything we have to face. We will also continue praying and believing that your's and Sarah's dreams will soon become a reality! Hang in there!

    "Those who know your name will trust in you, for
    you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you." Psalm 9:10

    ReplyDelete